Saturday, July 4, 2009

Majors vs. Minors the Debate

I'm a fan of baseball as some of you might know. I am a fan of most leagues
and not a fan of some leagues. Ever since I was a little lid I always
rooted for the home town Cleveland Indians. Not because I didn't like
any body else but because that is all I knew. Since I have moved south
two years ago I have had the experience of going to minor league games
of different levels. In my own personal experience a major league game has its ups
and downs. The ups are you get to see the stars of today. But with that
you get the big heads, the steroids, The drama queen and the all about me mentality.
With the majors you get to see match-up that you would never see on a
baseball field like the Mets and Yankees rivalry or the Yankees and the
RedSox.

The major leagues offer a very entertaining entity but to a
very select crowd you almost have to be a baseball purist to go to
all 81 home games in a season. The minor leagues are so different but
yet they are both the same. With the minor leagues you get to see the stars of tomorrow and sometimes even stars of today if they are either on a rehab stint or in the RedSox case to much talent at the next level. Minor leaguer's don't have the outrageous contracts that some of the major leaguer's have. Don't get me wrong I know that they get paid and get bonuses when they sign and get drafted but they truly love this game so much. Minor league games
are just a different atmosphere than a major league game and ball park.


For clientele, ( fan base ) is different because when you go to a minor league
game you have families and a lot of small children around. In between
innings they have activities for kids. The minors also don't have
those classic rivals and match-up that you will consistently see on the
majors because players often move around so much from league to league
to major to minor's. I like the atmosphere of the minor league game but I like the classic rivalries and match-ups that you get in the big
leagues. If u had a choice I would probably choose a major league
game over the minor league game. I would choose this because I like the
environment of the minor league game and I also like the fact that I
will get to see the stars of tomorrow and some stars of right now. The minor league game presents more of an opportunity to bring the whole family with contests and such. The minor league game offers you a little more bang for buck as opposed to the major league game.



hoodia counter

No comments:

Post a Comment