Saturday, October 16, 2010

What being a Cleveland Sports Fan Means To Me!!!

Some of you may find this post funny or down right depressing but here we go anyway. As most of you know I am a Cleveland sports fan (Is this really shocking to anybody). I have been a Cleveland sports fan for as long I can remember! I have seen amazing, depressing, excitement and frustration all in one weekend before. As a Cleveland fan I like to think of myself as the part of the minority in regards to the positive energy I get from Cleveland sports. In the beginning of each season I think about the positives that can come from the team and what the end of the year would look like if we brought home that coveted championship trophy to this torchered faithful sports town. the fact that we haven't had a championship in over 60 years drags down this city at the beginning of each year and when ever there is a coach or a bad performance in a series or we lose in game seven of a world series! I get a major Thrill to know that someday we will win that one thing that eludes this great town of being a real championship town. if we get to that point I believe that they will shut down the city for at least a week so that we can celebrate (Mardi Gras wont have anything on Cleveland). So what does Cleveland sports mean to me?? That is a great question. Cleveland sports has given me a better appreciation for team sports. Since we get out hearts ripped out year after year. Its shows me the passion and love that this town has for "our" teams. Year after year we fill the Cleveland Browns Stadium to the max and watch with high expectations that this is finally the year. Or on opening day we pack "Jacobs Field" with high expectations. The expectations have been pretty low as of late we haven't really contended for anything since the 1997 world series. I hope that I live to see this great sports town bring home the coveted hardware. Until that time comes I will be rooting for those teams in C-Town until they make make those preseason chants come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment