Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Game

This is the reason that we are all fans!! The teams go through hellish weeks beating up on each other, playing through heat, snow, injuries just so they can get a chance to play on Saturday's. There is a code that we all must follow when we watch it or we play it. There is always heartbreak and triumph. This is the season where we are less productive, happy or sad on Sunday depending on our team's outcome or performance. Our fortunes are put in the hands of 19-23 year old's and we love every moment of it. Why do you watch this game? I watch this game because I get excited at the sight of the leather and the weather. I love the smell of the freshly cut grass. The fact that a Goliath can go down at any moment to a team that didn't win any games the previous year. This is the time of year where rivalries are renewed year after year. This is where if you are from a certain region or school you either love or hate a certain school. To me the game is where it is all about. I am a bit of a purist. I love the fact that the trenches will win or lose you a game. I love the pro formation. I loved two-a-days when boys became men, they become leaders, where they put in blood, sweat and tears. I like many others no longer play the game that we love so much, I find myself getting that itch every August/ September of every year not to play the game but the camaraderie of the teammates and the family you have played with for the past so many years. That first game always means the most because it sets the tone for the rest of the year. Stay Tuned. Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment