Saturday, October 16, 2010

I am a Fan are You??

I consider myself a true sports fan. I am the guy who gets decked out for games. The one who knows a lot about his "hobby". The guy who will talk about sports at the most opportune times and the most inappropriate times. I am that guy that will be in a bad mood on Saturday or Sunday if my team loses in a fashion I deem unacceptable. My wife doesn't get "my hobby". Not that I don't blame her there is a lot to get. You have to be focused for so many months out of the year. You have to be able to talk about your teams with passion and positivity at the flip of a switch. You have to be positive before the season starts and during the season uless it is going atrociously bad then you can just say there is always next year. I have heard and said this phrase a lot during my life. being from Cleveland I get a lot of grief from a lot of people about out sports teams. I am a numbers guy. I like stats and percentages YPC, ERA, RBI, YAC, and so many others. I really hated math class in school but for some reason I love the numbers part of sports. I also the love the relationships that can be formed through sports. You can meet so many types of people through sports. So the question remains are you a true fan or just part of the bandwagon? Stay tuned and thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment